Monday 19 August 2013

Dreamy Desk Decor.

Hello lovelies and welcome to my new blog..

I felt very restricted and limited with my previous blog so I thought I would re-invent a little bit. I have so many thoughts, reviews and musings I want to share but being limited to food was boring! (don't worry foodie stalkers, I will still post my finds and recipes here too!)

Today I want to share my thoughts on desk décor.. I get asked a lot where I get my little finds from and always get compliments on how I have set up my space.. Until recently I had been lusting over a white wash trestle table, but thankfully the compliments have sorted my lusting's out! I needed to be realistic anyway it just wouldn't suit my décor no matter how dreamy and beautiful it appeared!


I have a vintage dark oak (well at least im pretty sure its oak) dining table that was passed down to me from my mother, that belonged to my grandmother that also belonged to my great grandmother.. How special is that? Now this thing is huge.. But its very beautiful! So because i had no desk i improvised and took ownership of this beauty and turned my dining table into a pretty, practical work space.

First things first.. If you are genuinely using the space to do work, study or whatever.. Less is more. Actually less is more in general and what's awesome about little trinkets and finds is the fact you can mix and match and constantly update your setting!


I make no secret of the fact that I loves skulls and candles and I have a pretty big selection. I also love the look of flowers in pretty vintage bottles/containers. This already is a perfect start for a chic, and inviting setting.

Candles aren't just to look pretty - I'm very big on aromatherapy and honestly I make no apologies for it.. These are my cant live without indulgence! They are the one thing I splurge and save for. Scents can do amazing things for your mood, stress levels and well-being. They keep your home very homely and relaxed.. So it makes sense that you are going to want to adorn your desk with at least one beautiful scented candle to keep you motivated and in check when life is handing you lemons and you have no tequila on hand! If you take a step into my home you should be greeted with a sense of calmness.. I keep my home as stress free as possible. There is almost always something beautiful burning and I have reed diffusers and scented candles everywhere to keep everyone relaxed!



There is literally a scent for everything and because my table is obviously in my living area and at times there can be stress at the table.. I have the appropriate scent on hand. For calming aromatherapy purposes I always turn to Aromatherapy Co's Cocoa & Vanilla.. Why? According to the Aromatherapy Co website.. Its for balancing and harmony.. "Balancing / Harmonising is a special blend of the 100% pure and natural essential oils of Cocoa and Vanilla. This combination has been designed to harmonise your body and senses. This blend can promote and encourage circulation to help restore the skins natural balance." I have got almost everyone hooked on this scent that comes into my home so Aromatherapy Co know what they're talking about!
For a touch of luxury I have a beautiful MOR candle. There is something so beautiful and luxurious about MOR products, I have never been able to get enough and this beautiful White Hydrangea candle is to die for.. Its white with a gold motif and smells very similar to Chanel No. 5.. What I love about the MOR candles is they come with a pretty baroque printed 'cover' to keep the wax clean if you are keeping it on display. This teamed up with a stylish gold Skull from Typo, a couple of beautiful baroque styled photo frames and a gorgeous vintage jar with a beautiful flower (dependant on season I may use faux peonies but currently have a beautiful David Austin rose (unfortunately shes on her way out so excuse the photos..) you cant go wrong. It looks pretty, inviting, simple and luxurious AND it isn't cluttering up your space.
 
Love & Light,
 
Jay xo
instagram: xjayloux
 
Where to buy:
 
MOR candle (and photo credit) - www.morcosmetics.com
Aromatherapy co (and photo credit) - www.thearomatherapycompany.co.nz
Vintage jar (and photo credit) - www.thewarehouse.co.nz
Skull & Frames - Typo
David Austin Rose - Any good florist.
 
All photos belong to me excluding candles & jar. Please don't use without permission.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post Jay! Looking forward to the many more's to come..!
    Your BR friend
    Nishu

    ReplyDelete